Job Shop is a free recruitment service for member companies. If you would like your vacancies posted on our website please email the necessary role details, along with a full job description to email@example.com. For queries regarding any roles advertised we advise that you contact the recruiter directly.
Marquis Media Partners Recruits for Business Development Partner
Marquis Media Partners and Associates are a collective of media and broadcast technology experts with proven track records in major international Broadcast organisations. Marquis is currently recruiting for a Business Development Partner to join its growing team.
The business development partner will play a key role in raising the profile of Marquis and bringing in new business. The role requires an energetic self‐starter who can effectively communicate the value and benefit of the services provided by Marquis Media Partners in solving problems, addressing business and technology requirements, developing strategies and transformation programmes for content creators, providers, producers, distributors, aggregators, broadcasters, online platforms, investors and vendors/service providers in the expanding media sector.
The role requires the development and management of a consulting sales pipeline though networking, direct client engagement, event participation and includes management of key accounts where necessary to develop further repeat business. Additionally, the partner would be expected to identify RFP opportunities and manage vendor relationships alongside the other partners. Considerable experience of working in the broadcast and media industry ideally at a senior (board) level and a track record of delivery and good reputation amongst peers and key industry players is essential.
For further information about Marquis Media Partners and this role please see: www.marquismediapartners.com
- Considerable experience of working in the broadcast and media industry ideally at a senior (board) level.
- Track record of delivery and good reputation amongst peers and key industry players.
- Worked with or as a consultant in the media and broadcast industry or led major change within a broadcast organisation.
- Practical experience and reputation for innovation and adoption of leading edge technologies
- Demonstrable track record of developing new opportunities to drive new business and revenues.
- Experience in account management and pipeline management.
- A good understanding of the UK, European and US media industry structure.
- A knowledge and understanding of content production (long‐form and short‐form, MAM, broadcast play‐out and online content processing and distribution technologies.
- An excellent knowledge of the processes involved in the broadcast and media value chain including file based content workflows.
- A solid knowledge of broadcast technology standards both in production and distribution.
- A demonstrable understanding of the issues and challenges bought about by the changes taking place within the industry and impact of new technologies on ways of working.
- An understanding of cloud based technologies, IAAS, SAAS and PAAS solutions.
- An understanding of consumer devices, habits and trends, use of social networks in relation to content consumption.
- An understanding of the importance of engaging with people as part of any change and the use of technology as an enabler.
- Personable and with an ability to engage with senior players.
- Able to deal with technical issues in a non‐technical way, but equally able to address issues at a technical level when required.
- Good negotiating skills and to get deals over the line.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
To apply for the role please send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org