IABM Lifelong Learning Manifesto
The global broadcast and media technology industry recognises its responsibility to develop and train the technologists and engineers needed to secure and sustain the growth of the sector.
This responsibility includes:
- Creating awareness of the range of careers available for technologists and engineers in the sector
- Fostering relevant studies and curriculum development through effective engagement with associated schools, colleges and universities
- Maintaining an occupational and functional map that highlights career pathways for technologists and engineers
- Encouraging schemes which provide for work placements and create opportunities to gain work experience
- Developing a “lifelong learning” mindset in both employers and employees
- Investing in the training and development of technologists and engineers to enable the sector to build on its past success and ensure its long term future
- Introducing a framework for continuing improvement of technical skills and the recognition of any associated attainment
- Recognising the challenges of emerging technologies and new working methods and their impact on workforce development
As the international association which represents suppliers of broadcast and media technology products and services, the IABM is committed to meeting its own responsibilities in this regard across its own activities, through its membership and by working collaboratively with others who share these values.