Emerging IP Technologies in Broadcast Industry
A one day course that covers the fundamentals of SMPTE 2110, Network Device Interface (NDI) and Secure Reliable Transport (SRT).
Specific topics include:
- Overview of RTP, IGMP and multicasting within and between VLANs
- Overview of PTP, Transparent and Boundary Clocks
- Migration from SMPTE 2022 to SMPTE 2110
- ST 2110 for audio and AES67
- ST2110 for video
- ST 2110 for timing
- ST 2110 for ancillary data
- Practical demonstration of operation of Transparent and Boundary Clocks
- Overview of mDNS
- Overview of NDI using Unicast IP, Multicast IP, both within and between VLANs
- Ports used by NDI and troubleshooting techniques
- Practical streaming using NDI within and between VLANs
- Overview of SRT and reliability mechanisms
- Examination of protocol operation using Wireshark
- Ports used by SRT and troubleshooting techniques
Practical demonstrations of NDI, SRT and PTP will be achieved using Cisco and Artel switches, OBS software and FFMPEG. End point devices will primarily be based on MAC OS, utilising homebrew and various open source software applications.
Attendees are expected to have a good understanding of IP and are expected to have either attended the Network Essentials and Advanced Networking courses or have equivalent knowledge and experience.