Submit your content using the form below the themes
Friday 9th September – Transformation
COVID-19 has businesses more digital-savvy. Even though a post-pandemic view of the world is emerging, with physical business models partially returning, the dominance of digital in media supply chains will be long-standing. Sub-themes belonging to this include:
- Cloud & AI/ML: While media businesses’ digital transformation has been propelled by COVID-19, it remains an ongoing journey. Many media businesses are increasingly moving to the cloud and adopting AI/ML to streamline their media supply chains.
- 5G & the Edge: New experiences and content formats are technically demanding, leading media companies to increasingly adopt technologies such as edge computing or 5G to enable them.
- As-a-service & Sourcing: Media businesses are increasingly investing in SaaS business models as well as insourcing some parts of technology development as part of their digital transformation.
Saturday 10th September – Convergence
The social isolation caused by the pandemic has driven an increasing demand for interactivity in experiences, which has culminated in the increasing buzz around Web3 technologies such as the Metaverse as well as a blurring of the lines of demarcation between different sectors. Sub-themes belonging to this include:
- Monetization & Web3: The advent of Web3 technologies enabling disintermediation such as blockchain promises a power shift in media monetization for media companies and small content creators alike, providing new ways to monetize content.
- Interactivity & UX: Media businesses are increasingly focusing on a blend of interactive experiences, data, and personalization to augment and diversify revenue streams, with elements of this borrowed from other sectors such as gaming, commerce, and betting.
- Creativity & the Metaverse: The emergence of the Metaverse and developments in associated immersive technologies promise a new era of creative collaboration as well as the birth of new content formats that we cannot even envisage today.
Sunday 11th September – Resilience
COVID-19 and conflict have made resilience a more important value for businesses. These shocks include the move to decentralized models, the rise in cyber-attacks, resource scarcity etc. The increasing importance of ESG can also be considered part of the resilience equation. Sub-themes belonging to this include:
- Decentralization & Security: The move to remote production models is leading to a dispersion of resources requiring media companies to manage an unprecedented level of complexity and risk, including a rising number of cyber-attacks.
- Disruption & Mitigation: Supply chain disruption hitting both physical and human resources has forced media businesses to adopt risk mitigation strategies ranging from stockpiling to insourcing and talent-led acquisitions.
- Humanity & ESG: Consumers and businesses have grown more aware of matters such as privacy, sustainability, and diversity due to the extreme circumstances of the pandemic highlighting these issues as well as incentivizing reflection on them.
Monday 12th September – Future Trends
- Newly launched products
Content Submission Form