The AES has developed a document that examines requirements for Media Network Directories. The intention is that, after comments have been received and addressed, the document will become a framework for AES Standards to be written – it may be observed that much of the document is written in the style of a standard.
- The IABM participated in the development of this document. Members are asked to consider the requirements that have been incorporated and to comment on them. The scope covers:
- Registration, query, administration protocols
- Security mechanisms
- Directory data model
- Query language and related semantics
- Scalability in both p2p and server-supported modes
- The procedure for responses is in section 7. The document calls for responses by September 30 2017, but the deadline is actually February 15 2018. Alternatively, the IABM is happy to collect member responses and submit them (anonymously, if you wish) – email firstname.lastname@example.org .