ChyronHego’s Paint 8.1 Is Now Shipping
Thu 06, 02 2020
New Release Introduces Groundbreaking New Functionality for Live Sports Production
STOCKHOLM — Feb. 5, 2020 — ChyronHego is now shipping Paint 8.1, the newest release of the company’s powerful sports analysis and telestration tool. Thanks to innovative updates in version 8.1, Paint gives broadcasters the unprecedented ability to record and play out a multicamera ultra-high-definition (UHD) panoramic video stitch and then manipulate it using full pan, tilt, and zoom (PTZ) control. H.264 streaming and enhanced remote access and control capabilities are among the other new updates that further boost Paint’s value in enriching sports analysis and production.
“Paint was already the market leader in telestration, and with new functionality in version 8.1, we’ve totally revolutionized telestration,” said Niall Hendry, product manager – sports at ChyronHego. “Delivering full PTZ control of a multi-UHD panorama, Paint 8.1 takes things to the next level.”
Paint empowers sports broadcasters and coaches to leverage video and graphics to improve player and team performance. The software-based system offers a feature-rich set of easy-to-use telestration tools for graphically enhancing and highlighting video.
Paint 8.1 builds significantly on the capabilities of Paint 8.0, which delivered an all-new user experience and a completely overhauled graphics set. The ability to combine outputs from multiple UHD cameras to create a multi-UHD stitch and placing full PTZ and playback control in the hands of operators is a transformational addition to Paint. Version 8.1 offers several other critical capabilities that enhance telestration for live sports broadcasts. Updates to Paint style, user interface, and features include the following:
- AllCam Stitch & Control — Designed to optimize creative flexibility, AllCam Stitch & Control allows Paint users to reframe and focus on the field in ways previously not feasible for tighter replays and play coverage. Controlling the UHD camera stitch with a joystick, replay telestration operators become virtual camera operators who can view any point on the field at any time — and exert total control over the broadcast-quality output.
- H.264 Streaming — Video REST API control facilitates the streaming of Paint’s output via H.264 over any network. With support for multiple playout endpoints over the network, Paint 8.1 is an even more flexible solution for live streaming of enhanced sports content.
- Web Remote App — Remote access and control via web-ready HTML5-based interface allows for simplified touchscreen control, in turn supporting more interactive talent-driven telestration on tablets or remote workflows.
- New User Experience Optimized for Ease of Use — With Paint’s new user interface, operators are able to create larger quantities of high-quality content and deliver it to air much faster than competing solutions.
- New GFX — A completely overhauled graphics (GFX) package adds sophistication to Paint while making it easy to adapt all of the software’s graphics to align with the user’s preferred look and feel.
- New Timeline — Unique timeline functionality in Paint 8.1 makes it simpler than ever to create great-looking multilayered presentations, and to generate this content faster than ever.
- Intelligent Automatic Chroma Keyer — Based on the latest in artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning, the automatic chroma keyer built into Paint 8.1 drastically reduces the complexity of working with keyed graphics, especially when dealing with challenging and changing conditions, such as shadows on parts of the pitch or court.
- Convenient Data Display — Ancillary data for clips and footage now can be viewed on a secondary output when Paint is used as the replay device.
- Publishing to Social Media — Single-click publishing in Paint 8.1 makes it a snap to publish content to social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- New 3D Tools — Multiple new 3D tools build on the already rich feature set within Paint’s telestration toolbox.
Further information about Paint 8.1 and the full ChyronHego product portfolio is available at www.chyronhego.com.
About ChyronHego Sports
ChyronHego’s Sports Division, headquartered in Stockholm, specializes in creating, analyzing, and distributing sports data and sports video, as well as empowering the visualization of this content for a wide range of applications. ChyronHego offers some of the industry’s most widely deployed sports technology solutions — including TRACAB™ optical and wearable sports tracking systems and Coach Paint for video analysis.
ChyronHego is a portfolio company of Vector Capital, a global leader in products, services, and solutions for the sports technology and broadcast markets. Headquartered in New York, with offices in Sweden, the Czech Republic, Slovak Republic, Norway, Finland, Germany, the Netherlands, Denmark, Singapore, the United Kingdom, and Mexico.
For more information on ChyronHego, visit www.chyronhego.com.
Based on your recent activity and preferences we recommend the following pieces of content
Telstra Broadcast Services (TBS) celebrates five years of managed media and broadcast services, innovation and industry firsts. Since its acquisition by Telstra in 201...
By Carlos Farias, Head of Market Development, Telstra Broadcast Services today
The Rise and Commoditization of Live Production TechnologyIn the last decade alone, live video experience has made huge strides with the introduction of ultra-high def...
White Paper from Tata Communications yesterday
In this clip HPA NET Critical Conversations co-host, Kari Grubin, sat down with IABM CEO, Peter White, to discuss how IABM is helping position their member companies t...
IABM7 days ago
Logarithmic Periodic Antennas in “Wittenberg” As part of a major customer order, a total of 19 FM panel antenna systems at 14 German radio stations were re...
By Dr. Paul Mamok, Kathrein Broadcast GmbH 12 days ago
Charting the Uncharted - CTO PanelLearn from leading end-user Broadcast and Media executives about how the pandemic has shaped their present and future plans in a live...
IABM13 days ago
Charting the Uncharted - Vendor PanelWhat does the future hold for vendors? Find out from panel drawn from small, medium and large players, discussing the new challeng...
IABM13 days ago
The ESB Group of Alabama’s comprehensive infrastructure upgrade strengthens technical capacities for in-house AV and live broadcast, including streaming services for t...
Article from MultiDyne Video & Fiber Optic Systems13 days ago
Master Media delivers a varied portfolio of Consultancy & Professional Services to the Media and Broadcasting industry, from feasibility studies and business plan...
IABM25 days ago