IABM CEO’s Comments on ConnecTechAsia/BroadcastAsia being Postponed due to Coronavirus Outbreak
Fri 06, 03 2020
We are sad to see that the impact of coronavirus COVID-19 has meant another key show for our industry has had to be postponed – the ConnecTechAsia event in Singapore scheduled for June.
Recognised by many as the third show behind IBC and NAB, ConnecTechAsia, situated in an area identified as a COVID -19 hotspot, has now been rescheduled for 29 September – 1 October at Singapore EXPO & MAX Atria (view the full press release here). Many of the events that have so far been postponed have been rescheduled for the beginning of Q4 which will in itself cause even greater show congestion at that time.
Obviously the whole world is at risk of this pernicious virus and in addition to those events that have been cancelled, postponed and/or rescheduled, we are seeing increasing apprehension concerning international travel that may have further impact on international events.
Clearly we are not unique; this epidemic is affecting all events and most industries, markets and supply chains. However, IABM is ideally placed to provide both up to the minute information and a wide range of supporting services for both technology vendors and buyers in broadcast and media.
We are in constant contact with organisers of all the shows and events in our industry worldwide, and we have created a page on our website where you can see the latest status and statements on all these events in the light of COVID-19 coronavirus here.
Whatever happens with exhibitions and events over the coming months, we know that in our dynamic industry, ‘the show must go on’, and IABM has a wealth of resources that will keep you up to date with everything that’s happening around the world:
- We have created an industry forum on our website to keep you abreast of all the developments taking place in our industry’s event world.
- In addition, wherever safe to do so, IABM TV will be travelling to events to provide news, debates and coverage for members unable to attend in person. This content will further enhance the huge range of invaluable content we already offer on the widest range of subjects in the Knowledge Hub on our website.
- We also have in place a program of webinars which will explore key areas of technology and business opportunity over the coming months.
- For Broadcast and Media executives unable to attend shows to review technology choices in person, the BaM Shop Window™ on our website provides the industry’s most comprehensive one-stop-shop covering every area of the BaM Content Chain® in an easily searchable format.
- And you can keep up with all the latest industry news, white papers and blogs via the news pages on our website too.
- Our world class Business Intelligence resources will continue to deliver in-depth insights and analysis to keep you up to date with technology and business trends as they unfold.
IABM is here to serve our members and the wider industry as we all navigate these challenging times. Let me know if there’s anything else we could be doing to help.
Peter White, CEO, IABM
Based on your recent activity and preferences we recommend the following pieces of content
Embracing change – The secrets to success in extraordinary timesChaos drives change. The chaos of the coronavirus pandemic is proving to be a catalyst not just for cha...
IABM12 days ago
Bea Alonso, Director of Product Marketing at Dalet, shares her top tips for marketing in the current climate.
IABM21 days ago
Find out what's next for Broadcast and Media companiesThis exclusive 30-minute on demand event presented by IABM CEO Peter White and Head of Insight & Analysis Lor...
IABM27 days ago
In conversation with...Bethan Wilkin, Head of Content Delivery, ITVIn this session with Bethan Wilkin, Head of Content at ITV, we find out how she worked her way up to...
IABM27 days ago
Sam Wolf (Campaign Manager, Imagen) shares his 5 top tips for marketing in the current climate.
IABM28 days ago
In this IABM TV interview, Roberto Pascual (Sales Director, VSN) discusses how VSN is preparing for what’s next to come in the industry. Q1 – How is VSN preparin...
IABM28 days ago
In this IABM TV interview, Tom Lithgow (Product Manager, Bluefish444) discusses the main products that Bluefish444 and their customers have focused on. Q1) What announ...
IABM32 days ago
How the CoronaVirus is affecting the Media Industry – A view from the world of sportIABM and SVG Europe joined forces to provide a virtual event packed with up to date...
IABM32 days ago