Broad spectrum of experience, thinking and energy set to power IABM strategy through 2023
IABM, the independent, international organization that connects and supports the entire MediaTech ecosystem, today announced the results of its biennial election of Board Directors. The number of elected member companies represented on the Board was increased from 15 to 20 following the unanimous approval of a special resolution at IABM’s Annual General Meeting on 22nd July 2021 to ‘widen representation and better reflect the level of diversity in IABM’s membership: including for example representational diversity in size of company, regions in which our members are based, type of company and gender diversity’.
IABM is owned by its members, and the Board is both made up of members and voted for by members. The Members’ Board serves a two-year term and plays a central role in the association’s activities.
The newly elected member companies and their nominated representatives are:
- ARRI – Peter Crithary, President Vice President, Marketing and Market Development
- Bitmovin – Stefan Lederer, CEO and Co-Founder
- Comcast Technology Solutions – Doug Triblehorn, Vice President of Global Sales, Content and Streaming Provider Suite
- Elevate Broadcast Pte Ltd – Dennis Breckenridge, CEO
- EVS – Nicolas Bourdon, CMO
- Fonn Group – Ingrid Agasøster, Chief Operating Officer
- Imagine Communications – Glodina Connan-Lostanlen, Chief Sales Officer
- latakoo – Jade Kurian, co-founder and President
- NEP Group – Andrew Jordan, Global CTO
- Pebble – Alison Pavitt, Director of Sales and Marketing
- Red Bee Media – Steve Russell, , Chief Product Officer
- Ross Video – Chris Lennon, Office of the CTO: Director, Standards Strategy
- Sony Professional Solutions Europe – Peter Sykes, Strategic Technology Development Manager
- Telstra Broadcast Services – Anna Lockwood, Head of Global Sales
- Verizon Business Group – Josh Arensberg, Global Head of Business Development, Media & Entertainment
The newly elected members join five continuing members (elected by the outgoing Board for continuity), who are:
- Lawo – Andreas Hilmer, Director Marketing and Communications (Chair)
- Pixel Power a Rohde & Schwarz Company – James Gilbert, CEO and Co-Founder (Immediate Past Chair)
- Avid – Anne-Louise Buick, Vice President, Global Field and Channel Marketing
- Grass Valley – Tim Shoulders, CEO and President
- Multicast – David Phillips, CEO
In addition, the Chairs of the APAC, EMEA and Americas IABM Regional Members’ Councils – Alex Timbs of Dell EMC, Thomas Gunkel of Skyline Communications and Paul Stechly of Applied Electronics respectively – have seats on the Board. Vice Chair Nathalie Schwarz, Non-Executive Director Christine Losecaat MBE, IABM CFO and Company Secretary Lucinda Meek and CEO Peter White complete the IABM Members’ Board line-up.
“We had a record 28 high quality nominations for Members’ Board seats this year, and I would like to thank everyone who put themselves forward for election,” said Lucinda Meek. “I’m looking forward to working with this inspirational group of people to guide IABM’s strategy and activities over the next two years so that we can deliver even more value to our members worldwide.”
“Firstly, I extend a warm welcome to all our Board members, new and returning, and am very much looking forward to working with them to keep our Association vibrant, ever-more relevant and supportive of members’ needs,” said Peter White. “I am delighted that the members voted for expansion of their Board. Over the last few years, we have seen a massive transformation in the industry, with innovative, new businesses across a much wider spectrum of technologies and operations springing up alongside more established companies, which have themselves successfully embraced change. The new Members’ Board really reflects this diversity; I am excited and energized by the wide range of experience, new thinking and energy it will bring to all IABM’s activities.”
For further information on the IABM board and hear what they have to say click here.