Net Insight Year-end Report January – December 2020
Tue 23, 02 2021
Growth in the fourth quarter, but market uncertainty continues
“Net Insight achieved growth again in the fourth quarter and revenue increased by 2.2% year-on-year, despite negative exchange rate effects from a stronger SEK against the USD and EUR in the quarter. Adjusted for exchange rate effects, growth was 8.4% compared to the fourth quarter 2019. Net income in the quarter was negative as a result of the substantial negative exchange rate effect. Market conditions remain challenging due to the protracted pandemic. We have introduced a large number of improvements and are starting to see the positive effects on product development, sales and internal efficiency.”
Crister Fritzson, CEO of Net Insight
October – December 2020
- Net sales amounted to SEK 107.5 (105.2) million, an increase of 2.2% year-year-on-year. In comparable currencies net sales increased by 8.4%.
- Operating earnings amounted to SEK -4.0 (-24.1) million, corresponding to an operating margin of -3.7% (-22.9%). Excluding foreign exchange rate differences of SEK -18.2 (-5.5) million and items affecting comparability of SEK 8.0 (-20.1) million, operating earnings were SEK 6.2 (1.5) million.
- Net income for the period for continuing operations and for the Group, including divested operations, was SEK -6.8 (-20.6) million and SEK -6.8 (-27.6) million, respectively.
- Earnings per share, basic and diluted, for the Group was SEK -0.02 (-0.07).
- Total cash flow for the Group was SEK 18.7 (-14.3) million.
January – December 2020
- Net sales amounted to SEK 398.9 (448.6) million, a decrease of -11.1% year-on-year. In comparable currencies net sales decreased by -10.0%.
- Operating earnings amounted to SEK -4.6 (-3.6) million, corresponding to an operating margin of -1.2% (-0.8%). Excluding foreign exchange rate differences of SEK -16.0 (-3.2) million, and items affecting comparability of SEK 7.3 (-24.9) million operating earnings were SEK 4.1 (24.6) million.
- Net income for the period for continuing operations was SEK -9.2 (-4.6) million. Net Income for the Group, including divested operations, was SEK 237.4 (-32.2) million. This includes capital gains related to discontinued operations of SEK 246.4 (-) million.
- Earnings per share, basic and diluted, for the Group was SEK 0.62 (-0.08).
- Total cash flow for the Group was SEK 232.6 million (-41.2), including cash effect from divested operations of SEK 302.3 (-) million.
- Revenue growth in Q4 despite continued negative Covid-19 impact
- A number of Nimbra Edge deals won
- The Board will propose that the AGM authorize repurchase of shares
For the complete report, click here.
About Net Insight
Net Insight (Nasdaq: NETI B) is defining new ways to deliver media, opening up opportunities for content owners, broadcasters, production companies, service providers and enterprises to produce and deliver the future of live sport, news and online content. The company is driving the transformation to IP, virtualization and cloud workflows and has built the market’s most open and cloud-ready media delivery platform for contribution, distribution, live production, and orchestration.
For over 20 years the world’s leading media brands have trusted Net Insight and the company is recognized for having set the benchmark for media transport. Now Net Insight is combining its broadcast heritage and R&D expertise with the deep IP knowledge gained from developing its own streaming solution to evolve Nimbra, its Emmy® Award winning video transport solution, for the new media era. With a strong vision for the future of IP and cloud, Net Insight is helping the world’s leading media brands to simply and cost-effectively produce and deliver content to viewers anywhere.
Net Insight also offers ScheduALL, a software solution for intelligent resource planning and optimization.
For more information, please visit netinsight.net
Based on your recent activity and preferences we recommend the following pieces of content
Sector Trends - Live SportsUpdated February 2020 IABM Sector Trends Reports track developments in technology adoption, use cases, and workflow models in different...
IABM7 days ago
Welcome back to the Season 2 of the In the Hub podcast! In this week’s episode, Neil speaks to Paul Robson – Owner and Managing Director at Medialease. Pau...
In the Hub Podcast from Playbox Technology UK Ltd35 days ago
The session looks at the challenges and opportunities in this new media ecosystem. IABM’s Head of Insight and Analysis, Lorenzo Zanni, opens the event, sharing IABM’s ...
Session from Asia's Broadcasting and Infotainment Show106 days ago
IABM Senior Analyst Olga Nevinchana presents data around the impact of the Coronavirus pandemic on the Newsroom. DOWNLOAD SLIDE DECK
IABM127 days ago
Charting the UnchartedCEO, Peter White, and Head of Insight and Analysis, Lorenzo Zanni share IABM’s latest research and analysis of the current state of Broadcast and...
IABM169 days ago
Charting the Uncharted - CTO PanelLearn from leading end-user Broadcast and Media executives about how the pandemic has shaped their present and future plans in a live...
IABM169 days ago
IABM Webinar - Focus on 5GHear how the global rollout of 5G technology will develop in the coming years and what kind of timeline we can expect for the commercial adop...
IABM244 days ago
IABM Buying Trends SurveyUpdated June 2020The IABM Buying Trends Report biannuallytracks trends in the media technology sector to enable tech vendors and buyers to tra...
IABM Business Intelligence Unit248 days ago