Prime Focus Technologies (PFT), announced the opening of a new facility in the heart of Hollywood. With this move, PFT’s media services, including its proprietary Academy® Award-winning Lowry Digital, will be serviced from its Hollywood hub.
According to Allan Tudzin, Vice President, Business Development, “Lowry Digital has always delivered superior quality restoration & enhancement of content from SD to 4K resolution due to its advanced infrastructure with proprietary pixel tracking and resolution enhancements. Through Lowry Digital bundled with PFT’s flagship technology CLEARTM and our AI platform, Vision Cloud, we can provide customers with quality deliverables within short turn-around times at affordable rates.
The new Hollywood facility is a state-of-the-art infrastructure with best-of-breed talent and offers SLA-driven media services powered by fully secure, automation-led technology. Here’s what’s serviced from the Hollywood hub:
- Re-mastering Services:Global re-mastering pipeline to provide scalability, shorter turn-around times and also keep operating costs lean to deliver optimal pricing to customers
- VFX:VFX embedded in the re-mastering pipeline in partnership with our Prime Focus Group VFX companies, leveraging our extraordinary pool of global award-winning talent
- Film Scanning Services:End-to-end workflow from film cleaning to scanning to restoration to color grading to digital deliverables
- Color Correction:Supporting DaVinci Resolve and Baselight 4K in Dolby certified workflows, equipment and studios
- DI Validations with LTO Migration:Complete automation on DI validation powered by CLEAR Vision Cloud
- HDR Workflows:Specialized team with 4K HDR experience
- Master QC:Dolby certified QC rooms equipped with IMF + 7.1 monitoring
- Localization:Text (Scripting, Subtitling, CC, SDH) and Voice (Audio Description, Dubbing) Localization services in 60+ languages
- AI-led Auto Conform (Television & Motion Picture):PFT’s media recognition platform CLEAR Vision Cloud offers automation of conformance for Re-mastering
- Digital Distribution:End-to-end digital delivery services, with expertise in dealing with complexities of delivering to multi-format destinations, platforms and broadcasters worldwide
- CLEAR as the service delivery and service enabler platform:Provides visibility and control of all re-mastering job requests across business processes
With more than 30 years of experience, Lowry Digital has been credited with restoring, preserving, and, in many cases, saving early Hollywood films, which may have otherwise deteriorated beyond retrieval. Some of the marquee projects delivered by the Lowry Digital team include Star Wars (the first 3), Casablanca, Fantasia, and NASA footage of the missing Apollo moon landing tapes. Lowry Digital continues to service the major studios, including Disney, Warner Bros., Paramount, MGM, Sony, and NBC/Universal.
PFT’s global delivery model and automation-led workflows bring significant cost efficiencies in service delivery while meeting the customer’s quality expectations and sensibilities. For fast file transfers and collaboration among remote teams, facilitated through CLEAR, PFT’s multiple restoration centers worldwide are connected through high bandwidth connectivity.