Raysync has announced 6 new features for its high-speed large file transfer solution, providing more support for Raysync users to transfer large files efficiently and securely.
Function 1. Antivirus Scanning
Enterprise information faces potential security threats during every file transfer – Trojan, Worms, viruses… along with project leakage, and data loss.
In the new version of Raysync, we have added antivirus features to keep corporate information safe. Raysync mainly uses ClamAV (Clam AntiVirus) virus scanning tool to scan the uploaded files and will move the infected files to Isolation Zone.
1. Enable the Antivirus setting in the Raysync Admin Portal
2. Enter the clamdscan directory of the deployment server and execute updatedb.sh to update the virus database. After the update is complete, the files uploaded via the Raysync Client will be checked by the server for virus scanning.
3. When the uploaded files are scanned for viruses, the infected files will be moved to Isolation Zone.
Function 2. File Sync Task
1. Support sync by week. You can specify a certain time period every week to perform sync transfer tasks. The sync frequency is more flexible now.
2. Rename files are supported. When a file with the same name already exists in the target path, transferring the file with the same name will be renamed to avoid overwriting the target file directly.
3. Overwrite when the source is newer. When a file with the same name already exists in the target path, if the file with the same name is transferred again, the modification time of the source file and the target file will be compared. If the source file is newer, the target file will be overwritten, but if the source file time is older than the target file, it will not be transferred. This ensures that the target path file is the latest one.
Function 3. Quick selection mount disk when selecting files via Mac client
The new version of the Mac client supports the quick selection of files on the mount disk. Users can more intuitively select files in the system mount drive for transfer, which improves the ease of use of the client.
Function 4. Delete and Recover deleted files from recycle bin
The new version optimizes the recycle bin functions. For files in recycle bin, the Administrator can view, delete and restore.
Function 5. Add data statistics in the Admin Portal
A statistics module has been added to the Admin Portal, and the Administrator can view the statistics of storage, collaboration, and flow more intuitively.
Function 6. Distinguish between General Upload and High-Speed Upload
The new version of Raysync distinguishes between General Upload and High-Speed Upload (the general upload is to upload through the web page).
Two optimization items have been made for web page transfer. First, users can directly drag files (folders) from the local file manager to the web page for uploading, which greatly facilitates the user’s operating habits; Second, the downloaded files will be automatically saved in zip format.
High-speed upload refers to the use of Raysync client for transfer, and its performance and speed will be better than general upload.
In addition to the above functions, we have also optimized account management, server speed limit, live transfer speed and progress, approval strategy, and other functions. If you want to experience it, please contact us.
Raysync is a high-speed large file transfer solution that focuses on providing enterprises with a secure and controllable transfer solution. Traditional file transfer methods (such as FTP and HTTP) are easily affected by data size, transfer distance, and network conditions. The transfer protocol independently developed by Raysync can make full use of network bandwidth resources and increase the transfer speed by 100 times, enabling the safe and fast transfer of files to any place.