London/Berlin/Paris, September 29, 2022: Red Bee Media, Nowtilus and Equativ (formerly Smart) announce the launch of their jointly created Free Ad-Supported Streaming TV (FAST) offering. The product combines technology and expertise from the three companies to create an efficient B2B solution for implementing and managing FAST channels. High View, a Germany-and-Austria-based independent media company, is the debut customer, distributing its content on 2016 and later LG Smart TVs through LG Channels, which is LG’s own FAST platform.
The three firms’ combination of sophisticated FAST channel workflows, world-class dynamic ad insertion and advanced programmatic advertising will now allow publishers to seamlessly monetize content without changing their technological infrastructure.
“By utilizing the well-integrated feature-set of Red Bee Media, Nowtilus and Equativ in distribution and monetization of FAST channels to a wide range of platforms and devices, we ensure that our valuable content is flawlessly showcased on LG Channels,” said High View Managing Director Alexander Trauttmansdorff.
The recently launched six channels for Germany, Austria and Switzerland all have different characteristics and serve a variety of viewer preferences:
● Just Cooking is a cooking channel that brings talented bloggers and YouTubers on board to provide a varied range of modern cooking shows as well as young and fresh in-house productions.
● XPLORE shows documentaries about foreign countries and cultures, plunges into adventurous expeditions and suggests beautiful travel destinations.
● One Terra presents the different lives and daily routines of extraordinary humans around the world, with high-quality reportage and storytelling.
● Hip Trips is another travel channel with authentic reports from people who explore countries and experience them as they really are in a combination of food, lifestyle and adventure.
● Waidwerk Free is the brand for hunting and fishing programs in German-speaking countries. With this channel viewers get the latest know-how in hunting and fishing and the fascination of nature directly into their living rooms and onto their mobile devices.
● Bergblick Free shows impressive nature and extraordinary people who experience their dreams, adventures and sporting feats in it. On display are the diversity of fauna and flora in alpine regions around the world and the extreme conditions that have to be mastered in the mountains.
“Having localized content on our LG Channels platform is crucial for success in regions like Germany, Austria and Switzerland, which have been spoiled with high-value content for decades. Therefore, High View’s Channel portfolio brings the perfect addition to our FAST Platform”, noted Chris Jo, Senior Vice President of Home Entertainment Platform business division at LG.
“As the pace of media convergence increases, content owners and aggregators need partners that can reliably deliver content to worldwide audiences,” said Steve Nylund, CEO, Red Bee Media. “We are hugely excited about this partnership with Nowtilus and Equativ to empower customers such as High View with the flexibility to spin up FAST channels as and when required. It will provide consumers with unique and personalized media experiences, whilst accessing new ad revenues for our customer.”