SMPTE September 2017 Standards Meeting Round; executive summary
Thu 16, 11 2017
The IABM attended this SMPTE Standards meeting round and has compiled an executive summary highlighting project developments that are most relevant to members. The Executive Summary is available to members on this website page. It is necessarily brief and selective; more information on projects that we believe to be relevant to members’ products can be found in the IABM’s full report on the same website page. For brief details of all 150-odd active projects, see SMPTE’s own report here. Please note that it may take a few days for these other reports to be available after the posting of this Executive Summary.
New Relevant Projects Started in Last Quarter:
- Revision of ST 2071-3:2014 Media Device Control Discovery (MDCD)
- Open Binding of IDs; new RP 2112-11 on OBID Conformance Test Materials
- IMF Immersive Audio Bitstream Level 0 Plug-In
- Studio Video over IP Transport ST 2110 Part 22: VC-2 HQ Profile Video
- Revision of RP 2080-2 Measurement and Calibration Procedure for HDTV
- Display Luminance Levels and Chromaticity
- Revision ST 2059-1 Generation and Alignment of Interface Signals to the SMPTE Epoch
- Revision ST 2059-2 SMPTE Profile for Use of IEEE-1588 Precision Time
- Protocol in Professional Broadcast Applications
- RP 2091-2 Ruggedized Optical Connector System for ST 2036-4 10G SDI
- Revision of ST 292-1 1.5 Gb/s Signal/Data Serial Interface
- Revision of ST 2036-3 Ultra High Definition Television — Mapping into Single-link or Multi-link 10 Gb/s Serial Signal/Data Interface
- Registered Disclosure Document on IMF Application for ProRes format
- Revision of RDD 44:2017 Apple ProRes in MXF
- Revision of SMPTE ST 377-1:2017 MXF
Based on your recent activity and preferences we recommend the following pieces of content
In this IABM TV interview, Craig Bury (Partner, CTO, Three Media) discusses which products and services have been the main focus Three Media and their customers recent...
IABM4 days ago
NAB Show Express 2020: IABM Online State of the Industry ConferenceGet the inside track on key trends and technologies shaping the future of Broadcast and MediaIABM’s ...
IABM5 days ago
IABM BaM Online Summit™ - Direct to Consumer FocusWith case studies and customers across the ‘direct to consumer’ value chain discussing their issues, their solutions ...
IABM8 days ago
In this IABM TV interview, Yang Cai (President & CEO, VisualOn) discusses the major trends and disruptors in video. 1) Please introduce VisualOn and let us know y...
IABM11 days ago
A panel of IABM member vendors share their views and experiences of the industry – current trading conditions, ongoing and future priorities, opportunities for growth,...
IABM11 days ago
In this IABM TV interview, Art Raymond (Chief Customer Officer, Levels Beyond) discusses some of Level Beyond’s learnings and outcomes from the COVID-19 experien...
IABM15 days ago
Find out what's next for Broadcast and Media companiesThis exclusive 30-minute on demand event presented by IABM CEO Peter White and Head of Insight & Analysis Lor...
IABM20 days ago