IABM Bespoke Research
As the leading provider of media tech intelligence in Broadcast and Media, IABM's Business Intelligence Unit creates a wide range of reports for members, including: Media Tech Business Intelligence, Strategic Industry Analysis, Regional Trends Reports, Adoption Trends Reports, Sector Trends Reports, Structural Trends Reports as well as other special studies.
IABM can also produce bespoke reports. Pricing for these reports generally depends on exclusivity and requirements.
These studies generally rely on ad-hoc qualitative/quantitative research, including expert interviews and/or survey evidence, conducted by IABM. These studies may include one or more of the following:
Industry spotlight on a specific topic | Market segmentation analysis | Technology trends research
Find out more about our Bespoke Services in this short video
Find out why research is crucial to your marketing
A recent industry spotlight carried out by IABM analyzed the economic and operational models behind a specific technology.
The IABM research focuses on the business of media technology. This include the following dimensions of industry research knowledge:
- Technology trends (e.g., Cloud, AI/ML etc.)
- Sector trends (e.g., sports, news, audio etc.)
- Content chain trends (e.g., content production, monetization, storage etc.)
- Technology models trends (e.g., as-a-service, build-it-yourself, development models etc.)
- Market trends (e.g., new markets using media technology)
- Business model trends (e.g., AVOD, SVOD etc.)
- Regional trends (e.g., ATSC 3.0 etc.)
We can mix the above as well as consider other topics that are more relevant to your business. Working on a bespoke basis allows us to shape the research based on your specific requirements.
The Why, How and What
Before carrying out a bespoke research project, IABM will discuss with the company commissioning the study its research requirements. These include things such as:
- Main objectives of the study (the Why): what does the company want to get out of the project? What will be the main use cases for the data and information gathered as part of the project?
- Research sources and methodology for the project (the How): what methodology is the best to reach the research objectives? Do we conduct interviews with media companies, a bespoke survey, or both?
- Research deliverables (the What): these include various formats depending on the sources. If a survey is used in the project, IABM can even create a portal for you to explore/filter the data by yourself (i.e., self-service analytics model), along with a report and executive summary summarizing the results. We can also include the delivery of an event (internal or public) as part of your bespoke package as well.
The Team Behind the Analysis
Head of Knowledge
A graduate of Pisa, Durham and Swansea Universities, Lorenzo Zanni holds a BSc in Economics and Management and an MSc in Business Economics. He is currently studying for a further MSc in Data Analytics at the University of Glasgow to deepen his knowledge of data science and machine learning, in which Lorenzo has a particular interest.
Lorenzo’s research is widely quoted in international industry publications and conferences, including SVG and IBC365. He has also presented at shows and conferences around the world, including IBC, NAB Show, Cabsat and InterBEE. Lorenzo has been a member of the IBC Content Steering Group, advising on the content for IBC’s conference programme, since 2018.
Olga is a graduate of the National University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy, the oldest university of Ukraine, and holds an MSc in Sociology. Passionate about the use of consumer and market data, Olga has held a number of analyst roles in research agencies, big FMCG companies and an e-mobility start-up in Ukraine, Switzerland and Luxembourg.
Riikka is a graduate of Helsinki School of Economics, Finland’s top business school. She also studied Chinese Language and Literature at Fudan University in Shanghai, and is a fluent Finnish, English, French and Mandarin speaker. Since graduating, Riikka has held a number of market analyst roles, including Head of Research at a leading business advisory service in Shanghai, and most recently was Business Intelligence Manager at B Medical Systems in Luxembourg.