On Demand Webinars - 6 steps to creating your Sonic Reference
To prepare for the official launch of Genelec’s new GLM 4 loudspeaker manager software, this first of 6 tutorials will start to guide you through every stage required to setup, calibrate and control a studio monitoring system so that it provides a true ‘Sonic Reference’, helping you produce mixes that translate consistently to other rooms and playback systems.
Aimed at engineers, creatives, and anyone who cares deeply about audio quality, this series will help your material sound exactly as you intended it – irrespective of how it is being distributed and consumed.
Step 1: The foundations
In this first tutorial, Andy Bensley will explain the foundations of building a trustworthy reference monitoring system, and will cover:
- The basics of audio monitoring – workflow and applications
- The key requirements for a professional monitoring system
- How to improve the quality of your mixes through attention to monitor placement and room acoustics
- The user benefits of room calibration
- Manual and automated acoustic calibration methods
- How to create a basic GLM setup Immediately after the session, you’ll get the chance to answer a series of online questions about the tutorial.
Everyone successfully passing 4 or more modules will then receive a certificate, and will also be entered into a prize draw to win a pair of Genelec RAW 8320 Smart Active Monitors and GLM kit. Requirements There are no specific requirements for this module. As this series of tutorials progresses then access to Genelec Smart Active Monitors and GLM software is an advantage, but not essential.
Step 2: Getting started with GLM
In this second tutorial, Darren Rose will show you how to get your monitoring system up and running using GLM loudspeaker manager software. He’ll cover:
- Installing GLM on Windows or Mac computers
- Setting up, calibrating and controlling your monitors using GLM
- Integrating a subwoofer into your monitoring system
- Genelec Smart Active Monitors, and some recommended setups
- How to combine different Smart Active Monitors to create a system
- The benefits of using GLM’s Cloud mode
Step 3: GLM advanced features
In this third tutorial, Markus Kahelin will take a closer look at some of GLM’s more advanced features, showing how a scalable Smart Active Monitoring system can be created, and how GLM is perfectly equipped to help you handle any audio format, from stereo to highly complex immersive audio. He’ll cover:
- GLM’s Immersive Systems Sound Character Profiler
- How to edit acoustic settings
- The importance of bass management
- Using Dolby DARDT calculators to help specify a monitoring system
- How GLM supports standard calibrated listening levels
- Getting help and support
Based on your recent activity and preferences we recommend the following pieces of content
Nick Warburton & Alex GrossmanBalancing ClientsMAM, Edit, Transcode, Color, Audio, Archive, Ingest and Delivery.It may seem like an easy task, but understanding ho...
IABM6 days ago
Live streaming is facing new challenges and opportunities due to the pandemic. Delivering flawless live events to viewers across the world is a new reality, bringing p...
Webinar from Streaming Media West Connect 2020, with Intertrust Technologies10 days ago
Deliver your content in the right quality wherever you want in whatever language! With Eolementhe, the media tool box.Transcoding, QC, subtitling, technical and editor...
IABM38 days ago
Newer broadcast and OTT systems require audio systems with additional features and benefits for the viewer. Next Generation Audio (NGA) is the term used to describe t...
IABM44 days ago
Support options to your end of life compliance and monitoring solutionActusDigital offers special support plans for your end of life existing compliance solution. Furt...
IABM53 days ago
Leveraging AI for Efficiency in M&E WorkflowsHow do you leverage the power of artificial intelligence in your operation to create efficiencies in time and delivery...
IABM68 days ago
IABM Webinar - Video Over IP - WTF?Real-time IP video has many different flavors depending on the application. The first question to look at is What is The Flow? Under...
IABM101 days ago
IABM Webinar - What Vendors need to know about Cyber SecurityOften having a cyber security plan gets forgotten - until it is too late. Too late doesn't necessarily mea...
IABM108 days ago