Maxiva™ UAXT Ultra-Compact / VAXT Ultra-Compact
The new Maxiva UAXT & VAXT Ultra-Compact family of UHF solid-state Transmitters / Transposers (Translators) and on-channel Gap Fillers expands upon the proven foundation of GatesAir low-power systems and PowerSmart® high-efficiency technology. It provides today's digital broadcaster with a suite of compatible products to accommodate any coverage application, along with unmatched performance, reliability and quality.
The Maxiva Ultra-Compact family further extends the capabilities of the Maxiva series, providing a single family of transmission products capable of satisfying any coverage architecture. The Maxiva Ultra-Compact provides pre-filter power levels up to 1,000W, in exceptionally compact and space-saving 1RU, 2RU and 3RU packages.
Designed for both analogue and digital broadcasting, the Maxiva UAXT/VAXT Ultra-Compact is a platform available in Transmitter, Transposer or SFN Gap Filler configurations for DVB-T, DVB-T2, ATSC, ISDB-Tb, DAB/DAB+ and NTSC/PAL analogue networks. The Maxiva Ultra-Compact Series provides an ideal solution for extending market coverage and filling in coverage gaps in challenging situations, including busy urban areas that require greater building penetration.
The Maxiva UAXT & VAXT Ultra Compact family of Transposers and on-channel Gap Fillers provide efficient and reliable re-broadcast of the received signal in a space saving, reliable and robust package. The Gap Filler configuration adds a powerful echo cancellation feature to deliver exceptional on-channel performance. For ATSC (8-VSB) Gap Filler applications, a new on-channel Spectrum Restorer utilizing EDOCR technology provides unsurpassed performance. This combination of products enables broadcasters to address any network coverage requirement.
Maxiva Ultra-Compact Platform:
- High-efficiency broadband amplifier technology
- Power levels up to 1,000W (pre-filter average power)
- Frequency agile broadband design (two bands):
- UHF Band IV/V, 470 to 810 MHz
- VHF Band III, 170-240 MHz
- Extremely compact, space-saving, 1RU, 2RU, and 3RU 19” chassis
- Full local/remote control capability including:
- Local touch-screen display
- Web GUI interface
Transposer / Translator:
- Supports analog and digital standards
- Direct baseband conversion (zero IF) and fully regenerative conversion options available
SFN Gap Filler:
- Includes a powerful echo cancellation circuit, 15dB of Gain Margin
- Low processing delay, < 10 µS
- Cancellation window width 20 µS
- Selective cancellation window range 1.6 µS to 820 µs
- MER degradation < 2dB
- ATSC SFN Gap Filler is now realizable using GatesAir's (8-VSB) Spectrum Restorer