A dynamic ultra wide-angle focal length with an especially bright design, the FE 14mm f/1.8 GM from Sony is a fast, versatile lens well-suited to landscape, nature, architectural, and astrophotography applications. Its extremely wide-but-usable perspective is complemented by the f/1.8 maximum aperture for excellent performance in low-light conditions and increased control over depth of field. The optical design incorporates two extra-low dispersion elements and one super ED element to reduce chromatic aberrations, plus two XA (extreme aspherical) elements that significantly control spherical aberrations for a high degree of image sharpness and clarity. A Nano AR II coating has been applied to limit ghosting and lens flare for increased contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
An XD Linear Motor system uses two separate motors to provide quick and quiet focus, and also lends more responsive control for manual focus operation. A minimum focus of just 9.8″ and an ultra-wide field of view opens a new world of deep perspective close-up photography. Also, the lens features a dust- and moisture-sealed design and fluorine-coated outer elements to support shooting in inclement conditions.
- A focus hold button is present on the lens barrel for intuitive tactile control and rapid access to select programmable settings.
- Physical aperture ring can be de-clicked for smooth, silent aperture switching to benefit video applications. The ring also incorporates a locking “A” position for use in automated exposure modes.
- Dust- and moisture-sealed design better permits working in inclement conditions and rubberized control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures.
- Fluorine-coated front and rear elements resist dust, moisture, and fingerprints and are easy to clean.
- Filter holder is incorporated at the rear of the lens, within the lens mount, and accepts cut gel filters and a filter cutting template is included.
- Integrated petal-shaped lens hood helps to block stray light from causing lens flare and also affords some physical protection to the front element.
Buy Sony FE 14mm f/1.8 GM Lens from UBMS Dubai.