Based on models originally developed for use in the broadcast of the Sydney Games in 2000, the BP4027 (14.96" long) and BP4029 (9.29" long) Stereo Shotgun models are engineered for high-end broadcast and production use. Both microphones feature independent line-cardioid and figure-of-eight elements configured in an MS (Mid-Side) arrangement with switch-selectable internal matrixing. These innovative microphones allow sound recordists the choice of selecting a left-right stereo output (wide or narrow) via the microphone’s internal matrixing system or choosing discrete Mid-Side signals for later manipulation, a flexibility not available from any other manufacturer.
A switchable low frequency roll-off filter helps minimize the pickup of unwanted low frequency noise. These phantom-powered models feature a rugged lightweight design and sleek black color scheme, perfect for on-camera use.
- Designed for broadcasters, videographers and sound recordists
- Ideal for recording distant sounds, tightened with excellent off-axis noise rejection
- Compact, lightweight design is perfect for camera-mount use
- Independent Line-cardioid and Figure-of-eight condenser elements , configured in MS mode
- Picks up natural ambience without colouration or distortion
- Switchable low-frequency roll-off
- Compact lightweight metal microphone (only 142g) adapted for use on camera
- Switch selection of non-matrixed M-S mode and two internally-matrixed left/right stereo modes
- Two stereo modes: wide angle (LR-W) or narrow angle (LR-N)
- Low-cut filter 80 Hz with 12 dB / octave
- Operates on Phantom power
- Includes a 0.61 m (24") Y-shaped cable (5-pin XLRF to two standard 3-pin XLRM connectors)