Sony FE 50mm f/1.2 GM Lens
Excellent resolution. Beautiful bokeh. (Introducing our 60th E-mount lens, the all-new 50mm F1.2 G Master lens). Exceptional expression from a compact F1.2 prime E-mount lens, FE 50mm F1.2 GM.
New speed and resolution in an F1.2 lens
This 50‑mm F1.2 G Master prime lens is a creator's dream, with an F1.2 maximum aperture that not only allows shooting in a wider range of lighting conditions, but also provides an extraordinary combination of high resolution, luscious G Master bokeh, and blazing autofocus. It is also remarkably compact and lightweight—for new creative freedom.
G Master resolution without compromise
The compact, lightweight FE 50 mm F1.2 GM is an ideal choice for dedicated creators. XA (extreme aspherical) elements and other advanced technologies combine to achieve extraordinary resolution and contrast from the image center right out to the edges. Sony Nano AR Coating II subdues flare and ghosting, while a floating focus mechanism ensures optimum sharpness at any focusing distance. Buy Sony FE 50mm f/1.2 GM Lens from UBMS Dubai.
Smooth, refined G Master bokeh
XA elements plus painstaking spherical aberration control at the design and manufacturing stages contribute to gorgeous G Master bokeh that can really make portrait and other subjects stand out, especially with the shallow depth of field available at the lens's maximum F1.2 aperture. An 11-blade circular aperture mechanism contributes to beautifully circular bokeh. SEL50F12GM will be alible in UBMS Dubai showroom soon.
Fast, precise, quiet AF and tracking
Fast, accurate focus is assured, even with extremely shallow 50 mm F1.2 depth of field. Four XD (extreme dynamic) Linear Motors smoothly deliver high thrust to position the large, heavy focus groups for fast, accurate AF. Original Sony E-mount lens technology ensures that you get maximum performance from E-mount bodies—for both stills and movies.
3.5" (87 mm) in diameter, 4.38" (108 mm) long, and weighing just 27.5 oz (778 g), the FE 50 mm F1.2 GM complements compact, high-performance E-mount bodies to create a system that gives serious shooters the mobility and handling. Three XA elements and four XD Linear Motors in a large-aperture lens that is surprisingly compact offer extraordinary creative potential.
Professional control and reliability
Two focus hold buttons, a focus mode switch, a focus ring, an aperture ring with switchable click stops and other controls support smooth operation. The focus hold buttons can be assigned to other functions via a camera menu. Linear Response MF ensures that the focus ring responds linearly to manual focus control. Effective dust and moisture resistance and a fluorine front element coating enhance reliability.
- As part of Sony's esteemed G Master series, this lens is designed to achieve notably high resolution and sharpness through the correction of a wide variety of spherical and chromatic aberrations. Additionally, these lenses feature robust and intuitive-to-handle physical designs to benefit both photography and cine applications.
- Normal perspective 50mm lens is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras; however, it can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 75mm equivalent focal length.
- Notably fast f/1.2 maximum aperture benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and also affords increased control over depth of field.
- Three XA (eXtreme Aspherical) elements are incorporated into the optical design and feature superior surface precision for effective control over astigmatism, field curvature, coma, distortion, and other spherical aberrations for a high degree of sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Nano AR Coating II has been applied to reduce surface reflections, flare, and ghosting for increased contrast and color rendering in strong lighting conditions. This updated coating is better suited for larger, curved elements and is especially adept at minimizing internal reflections.
- Four XD Linear Motors, along with an internal focusing design, provides quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance. This design also contributes to more natural, intuitive Linear Response manual focus control and an AF/MF switch is located on the lens barrel for tactile control over this setting.
- A focus hold button is featured on the lens barrel for intuitive tactile control and rapid access to select settings.
- Physical aperture ring can be de-clicked for smooth, silent aperture switching to benefit video applications.
- Dust- and moisture-sealed design better permits working in inclement conditions and rubberized control rings benefit handling in colder temperatures.
- Fluorine-coated front element resists dust, moisture, and fingerprints and is easy to clean.
- Rounded 11-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.