ZEISS CP.3 35mm T2.1 Compact Prime Lens (Canon EF Mount, Meters)
ZEISS Compact Prime CP.3 lenses range from wide-angle to telephoto. This is the 35mm lens with T2.1, metric markings, and an EF Mount.
Digital technologies have transformed traditional filmmaking and refashioned the market. New and innovative technologies in both production and post-production have paved the way for a more versatile, cost effective and advanced workflow.
Upgrading The CP.2
ZEISS CP.3 lenses offer a combination of high image quality and reliable usability. They exhibit the clean and crisp characteristics for which ZEISS is known. ZEISS retained the ability for an interchangeable mount system and improved mechanics while they added Full Frame coverage and other functions.
As compared to the CP.2 family, CP.3 lenses offer:
- Covers Full Frame sensors
- A more consistent T-stop range
- Shared focal lengths with the Milvus family
- Compact body to accommodate gimbal & aerial work
- 95mm front diameter (instead of the 114mm of the CP.2s)
- Standard focus ring position
- 300° rotation
The ergonomic and compact body, plus shared similarities in sizing, will benefit gimbal, Steadicam, and aerial operators since less balancing or resizing will be needed whenever you switch to a new lens in the CP.3 family. This will also shorten your turnaround time when working with matteboxes and lens supports with your favorite follow focus which leaves you more time to shoot and less time to readjust.
True Cine Look
Ranging from 15 mm to 135 mm, the ten focal lengths available in the ZEISS Compact Prime CP.3 (or CP.3 XD which is ZEISS' eXtended CP.3) series cover all applications from wide-angle to telephoto. The ZEISS CP.3 lenses feature advanced lens coatings, painted lens rims and special light traps within the barrel to eliminate unwelcome veiling glare and flares. The result is higher contrast, richer blacks and more saturated colors.
- Clean and crisp ZEISS look which matches perfectly with other ZEISS cinema lenses
- Color matching and covering full frame across the full range of focal lengths from 15 to 135 mm
- Special lens coatings support high-dynamic range projects
CP.3 lenses cover 35mm stills/DSLR format, 24mmx36mm, and feature a 43.4mm diagonal.
ZEISS says the CP.3 family is their contribution to support creative and progressive filmmaking with an affordable, future-proof, and premium quality lens set.
Ultimate Cine Ergonomics
The ZEISS CP.3 lenses are a professional toolset that simplifies your work on set. They are easy to handle, allow for fast changeover of equipment and give you great creative freedom to make your ideas come to life.
- Standardized positioning of the focus rings and a consistent 95 mm front diameter allows for fast and easy changeover while on set
- Extraordinarily smooth focus rotation even in extreme temperature conditions thanks to a new, sophisticated construction design
- Consistent T-stops simplifies lighting on set and exposure compensations (T2.9 for 15 to 21 mm and T2.1 for 25 to 135 mm)
Compact Size Redefined
The compact and light-weight design enables you to use different stabilizing systems and to have a compact camera setup that is ideal for shooting in narrow spaces and for capturing dynamic shots.
- The compact and light-weight design is ideal for handheld, gimbal, drone and Steadicam applications
- Consistent size and weight across most of the focal lengths enables quick change of lenses when used on drones and gimbals
- The ultra-smooth focus rotation allows use of small focus motors
Buy ZEISS CP.3 35mm T2.1 Compact Prime Lens (Canon EF Mount, Meters) from UBMS Dubai.