Lawo’s new V__matrix IP broadcast video core infrastructure product will change your idea of what a broadcast facility looks like from legacy to future, quickly transforming any broadcast installation into a flexible, future-proof production facility, addressing a wide range of workflows and supporting your transition to a totally IP-based environment.
V__matrix is the first of its kind. Free from the restrictions of legacy hardware platforms, it offers a completely virtualized real-time routing and processing infrastructure. Instead of connecting single purpose modular products in elaborate production chains, V__matrix employs data center principles of flexibility, fabric computing and COTS economics and makes these available to any live production broadcast environment. Whether an OB truck, a TV studio or a broadcast operation center, V__matrix creates a fully virtualized facility infrastructure. The V__matrix ecosystem is based on generic high capacity FPGA-based processing blades upon which Virtual Modules (VM) are loaded to create the functionality required. Multiple cores are connected through redundant 40GE (or 4x 10GE) Ethernet interfaces to an IP network to form a distributed IP routing and processing matrix that provides frame-accurate, clean switching just like a legacy baseband matrix.
The V__matrix ecosystem scales linearly from tens to thousands of I/O and processing functions which make it ideal for any size live broadcast facility, small or large. Capabilities easily scale as well. An entire production workflow can be remapped in minutes when requirements change from production to production. The functionality of any processing blade can be exchanged, enabling system capabilities to easily be modified or upgraded to address your constantly changing business requirements. The V__matrix pool of generic processing blades provides ultimate flexibility; with software-defined functionality they can be configured and called upon to handle the peaks and troughs of seasonal production demands and with Lawo’s innovative licensing model, Virtual Modules can be assigned to a particular processing blade or be stored in an on-site license server allowing for unprecedented flexibility.
The V__matrix ecosystem can be divided into two parts: physical and virtual. The physical consists of the C100 processing blade and associated hardware which provides the compute and processing capacity of the platform; the more compute power you have the more functions you can run. Since V__matrix is a fully IP-based platform, the C100 processing blade can be placed anywhere there is an IP network. It can be decentralized and spread over one or more facilities or centralized in a core facility or OB truck. A hybrid approach is also possible where some core equipment is kept on-site while a pool of processing power is kept in a remote data center. This decentralized approach allows the technical operation center to be situated in a purpose-built data center outside of town where space, power and cooling is inexpensive, while talent and studios can be in another area.
The virtual world is centered around the software which defines the functionality of the platform. The software packages are called Virtual Modules (VM) and in the V__matrix they allow the function-agnostic core processing hardware to build complex workflows by simply running the appropriate VM. Combining VMs allows the creation of complete production chains fulfilling all broadcast requirements in a fully virtualized environment. As all functions of the V__matrix ecosystem are software-defined it is the ultimate future-proof platform. Changing the functionality of your broadcast plant is as easy as changing the software modules loaded onto the processing blades. By cascading multiple VMs together, the V__matrix scales linearly up to thousands of SDI I/O and audio/video processing functions for unparalleled scalability, flexibility, versatility and cost-efficiency. The current line-up of V__matrix Virtual Modules include:
- vm_streaming – SDI-to-IP Gateway
- vm_udx 4K/HDR Format Converter – IP Up/Down/Cross and Color Space Converter
- vm_mv16-4, vm_mv18-4 & vm_mv24-4 — 4K Multiviewers
- vm_dmv – World’s first expandable distributed 4K IP Multiviewer
V__matrix multiviewer VMs are controlled by Lawo’s groundbreaking touch operated configuration system “theWALL”. This unique HTML5 based GUI makes mosaic configuration with borders, colors, UMDs, tally etc. a simple case of drag and drop.
MS-2850 HD/SD 8/12-Channel Mobile Video Studio
MS-2850 HD/SD 8/12-Channel Mobile Video Studio
The switcher is integrated with the essential elements required for live production including a recorder, a multi-view monitor and an intercom system."
The Ideal Solution for Today’s Live Streaming World StreamingPix is a complete yet easy to use live production and streaming solution that provides a powerful tool set enabling users to create engaging video content with a polished, professional look.
Ideal for companies from Aquariums to Zoo’s; Churches, Corporations, Events, Schools, Universities, and all users who want to take streaming to the next level, StreamingPix is an affordable turnkey solution that is easy to set up and ready to go right out of the box. It comes with a remotely controlled RoboPix PTZ camera, a Lenovo Tiny server, a high-quality LAV microphone, SDI, HDMI, IP and NDI™ inputs and an IP switch.
StreamingPix also makes it easy to start creating compelling content, with a ready-to-use video clip library, extensive graphic templates, pre-built automated macros to simplify common tasks and a plug and play approach to integrating PowerPoint, videoconferencing systems and social media feeds through integration with the CASTUS Stream platform, which avoids complex Firewall Configurations or Port Forwarding.
With simultaneous streaming and recording capabilities, StreamingPix can stream to popular streaming and video conferencing services, such as Facebook Live, YouTube Live, IBM Cloud, Livestream, Zoom, Skype, GoToMeeting and more. Utilizing native integration to Switchboards’ Cloud platform, live video content can be streamed to up to five destinations at once after a quick and easy one-time set up.
StreamingPix provides a simple, extremely accessible and easily automated solution to event, meeting, lecture, and worship streaming - enabling non-technologists to create professional looking content quickly and easily. Start producing and streaming more compelling live content with StreamingPix - THE turnkey streaming solution for today's live streaming world.
ChurchPix is the all-in-one video production solution that enables any church to easily stream its worship services online. Designed with volunteer operators in mind, the ChurchPix system is easy to set-up and simple to use. It provides an affordable turnkey solution for churches and comes complete with dedicated content and easy-to-use controls.
Ready to go, right out of the box, the ChurchPix systems come complete with:
- Two RoboPix PTZ IP cameras with 20x optical zoom, integrated remote control and mounting brackets
- PC hardware and IP switch
- Royalty free library of suitable clips, stills and graphic templates
- Instant streaming and recording
- Audio inputs that support any Windows Audio Device including NDI™, Dante and external USB convertors from the house sound system
- Easy to use software control interface that automates many common production tasks
Discover how you can easily produce and share your worship message online with a Broadcast Pix ChurchPix system. To learn more, or to request a free online demo, click here.
In the age of video on demand, content providers need to be aware of viewers’ tastes and the huge variety they crave, and live event coverage is a great way of attracting audiences.
Traditionally, live coverage has been limited to higher profile events due to the many staff and equipment required to be onsite. One option to reduce costs is to pass back all feeds and perform mixing in-house but the connectivity required typically pushes the costs back up and isn’t achievable at all locations.
Iphrame Flyaway changes the cost model by reducing connectivity bandwidth and staff required. The added functionality of talkback means a new generation of operators can be efficiently utilised by working at a fixed location, allowing for reduced expenditure and increased productivity, while features such as slow-mo playback help you provide a richer viewing experience.
So, to offer subscribers great live content without stretching budgets, do it from anywhere with Iphrame Flyaway.
The most advanced IT-based solution, cost-efficient video management system on the market that is a complete channel in a box with full IP/NDI/SDI in and out capabilities.
Etere ETX is the most advanced, tightly integrated and cost-efficient video management system on the market, completely based on IT technology. It is 4K ready and a complete channel in a box with full IP/NDI/SDI (in and out) for multiple frames rates. It is able to drive the most popular HD/SD digital video/audio/graphics platforms without using middle-ware/proprietary hardware. ETX is a fully digital ingest/playout engine that gives you professional video technology with support for all major essences and wrappers in the broadcast industry. It is capable of SDI output, multiple layers of graphics. Additionally, HEVC/ H.265 encoding is also available on Etere ETX. With ETX inserter, operators are able to create closed captions including CEA 608 and CEA 708. In addition, ETX is capable of live subtitling with the ETX inserter and time delay. ETX is also integrated with a countdown timer that displays the time remaining until the next program. As part of the Etere Ecosystem framework, Etere ETX has a distributed architecture that enables it to take advantage of ultimate storage and video hardware to create a high-performance digital media solution that can be used to capture/playout servers, NLE systems, graphics/production servers, automation and master control units. To receive an NDI source stream, use live source object and initialize the "NDI Receiver" device just like any other capture card. The distribution of contents from the different ETX engines is controlled by Etere Data Mover, the application that delivers the correct video to the correct place at the correct time. In addition, Etere ETX video file transfer capability is one of the fastest in the market.
■ Multiple graphics and webGL graphics overlays
■ Capture web pages as live multimedia sources
■ 4K, HD, and SD with Up and Down conversion
■ RTMP input and integrated time delay
■ Serves as a RTMP sender or RTSP receiver
■ Full IP support for both HD and SD videos, supports NewTek NDI
■ Supports multiple layers of graphics
■ Fully compliant DVB (Digital Video Broadcasting) stream
■ Supports Microsoft ReFS File System, cloud-ready
■ Included graphics engine allows overlay of static/animated logos and crawlers on 8 layers
■ Able to perform IP in and IP out, with multiple frame rates and independent IP out services
■ Integrated IT-based master control with multichannel ingest/playout
■ Easy insertion of closed captions including CEA 608 and CEA 708 with ETX inserter
■ Create live subtitling seamlessly with ETX inserter and time delay
■ SDI output with support for selected cards (SDI or IP) including Blackmagic, Matrox
■ File formats includes LXF, MOV, MXF, GXF, ASF, MPG-TS, MPG-PS, AVI, DV and MKV
■ Video codecs includes DVCPRO, MPG1, MPG2, MPG4, H.264, HEVC/ H.265, DNxHD, ProRes
■ Audio codecs includes AAC, MP2, MP3, Flac
■ Graphics files includes TGA, AVI, MOV, SWF, PNG, JPEG, GIF
■ Plays files from 5 secs
Blackmagic ATEM Mini Pro ISO
Blackmagic ATEM Mini Pro ISO
This model adds recording of 5 streams including all input as clean feeds for editing, plus a DaVinci project file for fast edit turnaround and Blackmagic RAW file relinking for finishing in Ultra HD. Able to reverse the USB-C and HDMI out functions.
ATEM Mini Pro ISO Features
- Features miniaturized control panel based design.
- Built in support for recording each input as a separate ISO file.
- Saves DaVinci Resolve project file for 1 click editing of live production.
- Supports connecting up to 4 cameras or computers.
- Live streaming via Ethernet supported on ATEM Mini Pro.
- USB output operates as a webcam and supports all video software.
- Automatically standards converts and re-syncs all HDMI inputs.
- Includes free ATEM Software Control for Mac and Windows.
- Internal media for 20 RGBA graphics for titles, opening plates and logos.
- Includes ATEM Advanced Chroma Key for green/blue screen work.
- Multiview allows monitoring of all cameras on ATEM Mini Pro.
- Audio mixer supports limiter, compressor, 6 band EQ and more!
The new model of ATEM Mini ( ATEM Mini Pro ISO ) is a true innovation in workflow. For the first time, live production has been fully integrated into a post production editing workflow. Not only that, but with Blackmagic RAW integration, we can use the ISO files recorded in the switcher, or the files recorded in the camera." said Grant Petty, Blackmagic Design CEO. "That's a RAW film workflow, a post production workflow and a live production workflow all fully integrated for the first time! Imagine doing an Ultra HD fully color graded master all from a tiny low cost HD switcher. It's really exciting and it's going to generate a whole new workflow for the television industry!
The ATEM Mini Pro ISO HDMI Live Stream Switcher from Blackmagic Design is a four-input live production switcher with an integrated control panel designed for multicamera live streaming up to HD video to the internet via Ethernet output. It features a USB output that allows you to record the program output as well as record the individual HDMI inputs to an external USB drive (not included). In addition to recording the program stream and individual inputs, the ATEM Mini Pro ISO also records the embedded audio and analog audio inputs, generating a DaVinci Resolve project file of your live stream. This allows you to take your live production into DaVinci Resolve to make tweaks or adjustments using the source material that is already on your USB drive.
The ATEM Mini Pro ISO retains the same size, button layout, and rear panel interface connections as the ATEM Mini Pro, with new electronics that allow for the ISO recording and generation of the DaVinci project file. The ATEM Mini Pro ISO supports all the same features as the ATEM Mini Pro including upstream and downstream keyers, an advanced chroma keyer, two linear/luma keyers, a DVE transition keyer, a pattern generator, and color generators. There is also media player support for fill and key images, which supports up to 20 stills in PNG, TGA, BMP, JPEG, and TIFF formats. The ATEM Software Control Panel is used for control and configuration, and it allows you to monitor the data rate, audio meters, configuration, and status of your live feed. And you can use the panel to set up streaming to an optional Blackmagic Design Streaming Bridge anywhere in the world, as long as it is connected to the internet.
- Connecting a USB drive to the ATEM Mini Pro ISO's USB port enables capturing the switched program stream, as well as up to four isolated (ISO) recordings of input video, as well as embedded audio, analog input audio, graphics, and a DaVinci Resolve project file of your switched program
- The device has the same footprint, layout, and connections of the ATEM Mini Pro
- Stream video up to 1080p HD
- Quick stream, on-air, and record buttons
- Hardware encoder so there's no need for additional streaming software
- Control and configure timecode, stream status
- Full support and control features for BMPCC 6K/4K cameras
- Simultaneous USB recording
- Integration with MultiDock for live hard drive switching
- Customize advanced settings with XML files
- Software multiview with program previews, graphics, record status, on-air status, and audio meters
- Program preview input and output buttons
- Tally light control for BMPCC 6K/4K cameras
- Automatic timecode sync for all cameras
Available transitions include:
- Cut: When you press the cut button, ATEM instantly changes from your current program source to the preview source. Cuts can be performed by directly selecting sources or by pressing the cut button to switch to the next source.
- Mix: The mix, or dissolve, gradually transitions from one source to the next by creating a smooth blend. You can set custom timings to manually blend the transition.
- Dip: Just like mix transitions, a dip transition is a gradual blend that includes either a solid color, graphic, or another clip between the two video sources. Dips to black or white between sources are the most popular, or you can use logos or sponsor graphics.
- Wipe: Built-in wipe patterns include circles, diamonds, squares, and more. Shapes and patterns can be inverted or softened and can even have customized colored borders.
- DVE: With the powerful built-in digital video effects processor, or DVE, you can push, spin, squeeze, or swoosh your live video from one camera to the next with incredible built-in transitions. DVE transitions can be flip-flopped and reversed, giving you even more transition options.
Layer live video over other video sources or graphics with the upstream keyer. You can use the luma key, linear key, pattern key, or shoot against a green screen and use chroma key to instantly composite the video over virtual sets.
- Luma key: Luma keys work best with high-contrast images, like white elements on a black background, so you can use the contrast to cut the black background and replace it with live video or graphics.
- Linear key: Get clean, high-quality results with linear keying by using two separate sources for the fill and the key to create one video image. The fill signal contains the video to be stacked over the background, while the key signal contains a gray scale mask to cut out, or mask, the area to be filled.
- Chroma key: Used every day for TV weather forecasts, chroma keys are a powerful way of combining live images in real time. The presenter typically stands in front of a green or blue background and the chroma keyer will remove only that color and combine it with another image, such as a video or graphic.
- Pattern key: Combine live images with any of the built-in wipe patterns to combine live images or graphics with geometric shapes. You get full control over softness, symmetry, size, and position to create unique picture-in-picture effects that can be transitioned to as easily as any live source.
The ATEM Mini switcher includes one downstream keyer, so you can add high-quality graphics like logos, bugs, and titles from the built-in media player over the live stream program output. Downstream keyers are the last layers of keying, so they overlay all video switched to the main program output.
The built-in audio mixer lets you control both camera and external audio with precision level and balance adjustments on all six available audio inputs and two channels. The mixer features selectable on/off and audio-follow-video per channel, plus it has separate gain control per channel, level and peak metering, and new Fairlight audio enhancements such as compressor, gate, limiter, six bands of parametric EQ, and master gain control.
The HDMI monitor output allows you to see your sources, graphics, preview, and program output on a single screen.
Eliminate external character generators by storing up to 20 broadcast-quality RGBA graphic files in the media pool. The one media player appears as input sources to your switcher. You can transition to graphics as full-frame video, or feed them to the keyers for overlaying video. Popular image formats such as PNG, TGA, BMP, GIF, JPEG, and TIFF are supported.
Sony MCS-8M Compact Audio Video Mixing Switcher
Sony MCS-8M Compact Audio Video Mixing Switcher
The Sony MCS-8M is a multi-format switcher with a built-in audio mixer and frame synchronizer. Inside a compact body, the MCS-8M packs excellent cost efficiency and affordability along with a great range of features. This user-friendly, multi-format switcher has many preset DME wipe patterns, a built-in Multi-viewer, one-channel frame memory output, an Input Freeze function for each source, the ability to import still images via USB port, a 3D Mode function, a six-channel audio mixer, and more. In addition, the MCS-8M Multi-format Compact Switcher is designed to be intuitive and simple to operate – an ideal content creation tool for live event programming. Affordable and powerful, it can handle wedding functions, product promotions, event and live staging, music clip creation, and all types of business activity including conferences and seminars. • 8 Inputs: Multi-format Capability - HD Mode: (4 x HD-SDI, 3 x HDMI, 1x DVI-I) with Frame Synchronizer function - SD Mode: (4 x SD-SDI, 3 x Analog Composite, 1 x DVI-I) with Frame Synchronizer function • 4 Inputs: Multi-format Capability - HD Mode: PGM (HD-SDI), AUX1 (HD-SDI), AUX2 (HD-SDI and DVI-D), Multi-viewer (DVI-D and HD-SDI) - SD Mode: PGM (SD-SDI), AUX1 (SD-SDI), AUX2 (SD-SDI and Analog Composite), Multi-viewer (DVI-D and SD-SDI) • Multi-viewing function This function splits the screen into ten or four windows to show multiple images on a single monitor. • 1 Keyer Self, Split, Auto Select, Linear, Pattern, Auto Chromakey, Border (Flat Colour) • Keyer Transition Cut, Mix, Standard Wipe patterns, Transition rate settings • 3D Mode (L/R Link Cut, Mix, Side-By-Side Output) • Background Transition Cut, Mix, Standard Wipe patterns, DME Wipe patterns, Transition rate settings • Additional Features - 1M/E + 1 Key + Aux Mix - 1-ch Frame Memory Output - Input Freeze function for each source - Import Still Image function via USB port - 6-ch Audio Mixer function with audio delay
HS-3200 12-Channel HD Mobile Cast Streaming Studio
HS-3200 12-Channel HD Mobile Cast Streaming Studio
HS-3200 features easy-to-use video streaming and recording appliance for professional video producers who need to simultaneously stream a live event and record the master quality version for post-event editing.
With 12 digital inputs including 8 SDI and 4 HDMI inputs with embedded audio, 5 SDI and 4 HDMI outputs for connecting HD recorder, monitor, etc.
HS-3200 is a lightweight, portable and powerful featured mobile studio solution which is designed for live events and TV programs that need to mix a variety of video and audio sources. HS-3200 is also a great value solution for the worship, education and AV market.
The HS-3200 also has powerful, easy to use effects, including Chroma / Luma Key, DSK, PIP, DVE, Wipe Generator, Still stores, logo insertion.
Advanced features include a 17.3-inch Full HD 1080p video monitor, which displays the multi-view, the Multi-view includes all the input sources, as well as preview and program.