Horizons allows for inter-facility control and can be multiplexed using CWDM, or used over extreme distances with DWDM. It can also be used with optical fibre to extend existing Ethernet networks from point-to-point (e.g. from a control room to the antenna in a satellite earth station) and optionally from point-to-multipoint.
ViaLite‘s Horizons SNMP Software can be used with existing ViaLite SNMP cards.
- Not Java dependent
- The HRC-3 is a direct plugin replacement for the HRC-1
- 10/100/1000 Mbps switch, 3 ports including 2 optional optical or Ethernet ports
- Faster I²C polling cycle
- Support for dual optical Ethernet configurations allowing daisy chaining or star network configurations
- Modern, easier to use, intuitive & faster graphical user interface (GUI)
- New maintenance mode allowing modifications to be carried out offline
- Real time monitoring of card performance & redundancy switching
Horizons Features and benefits continued
- New RF cards can be automatically reprogrammed with the previous card parameters
- Alarm monitoring & event logging
- Capable of managing very long distance links using Ethernet over CWDM/DWDM
- Compatible with all ViaLiteHD rack chassis, chassis cards & the Satcom6 enclosure
- Easy integration with network management systems (NMS) using management information base (MIB) tables
- Simpler software update procedure that doesn’t require an FTP server
- Standard micro-USB setup port
- 5-year warranty as standard
ViaLite Horizons GUI
Horizons is standalone software that operates on legacy SNMP product and comes built into the new SNMP Controller card.
The GUI offers a representation of ViaLiteHD modules in a connected rack chassis (3U or 1U) or the Satcom6 enclosure. It displays the operational status of the modules and power supplies, along with the voltage and temperature of the SNMP card. The built-in interface can be accessed from any standard web browser using the IP address of the SNMP network monitoring card.
The SNMP Controller allows any user to quickly setup local and remote ViaLiteHD equipment by accessing the front panel LAN port on the card. Under normal operational conditions, the card can be permanently connected to the user’s network and the health of the ViaLiteHD system can be monitored at any time.
Management information base (MIB) tables
The open architecture of the SNMP Controller’s MIB allows management of the alarm information using any SNMP-compatible third party network management system (NMS), when connected via the local area network (LAN). The MIB is common to all ViaLiteHD SNMP products.
Summary Alarm Monitoring cards for in-rack alarms
In addition to the SNMP card which can be used for alarm monitoring via a GUI, ViaLite‘s Summary Alarm Monitoring cards can be used within rack chassis to monitor the rest of the fitted equipment. These cards are able to report alarms by front panel visual indicators, audio alarms and by the status of the card’s on-board relays – which can be used to trigger the customer’s alarm monitoring equipment.
On start-up, the Summary Alarm Monitoring card analyzes the active, populated slots within the chassis to allow for the empty slots to be ignored.
The cards monitor all chassis alarm outputs, or DIP switches are available for manual alarm screening if preferred.