Sony FX6 Full Frame 4K
Sony FX6 is full-frame 4k E-mount camcorder & it will be smallest member of Sony cinema line family that include FX9 & Sony Venice . Sony PXW-FX6 is the successor to the popular Sony PXW-FS5 (handheld camcorder with Super 35 Exmor® sensor, lightweight and robust). FX6 will be launched on end of the year . For Sony FX6 Price or availability you can contact UBMS. UBMS is the authorized dealer for Sony Professional & Cinema line cameras
Sony FX6 overview
FX6 Combines the Best of Sony’s Industry-leading Digital Cinema Technology with Advanced Imaging Features from Alpha™ Mirrorless Cameras
- 4K 10.2 megapixel full-frame back-illuminated CMOS Exmor R™ sensor
- Compact and lightweight body design for on-the-go shooting
- Ultra-high sensitivity with ISO expandable up to 409,600 for very low light conditions
- 15+ stops of dynamic range
- S-CinetoneTM look profile, also used in FX9 and inspired by VENICE colorimetry
- BIONZ XR™ image processing engine, first used in Alpha 7S III
- Fast Hybrid Auto Focus, also used in Alpha cameras and FX9
- Recording up to 4K 120p / HD 240p, 10-bit 4:2:2 color depth in full-frame
- Support for up to 12G-SDI and 4K at up to 60p 16-bit SDI RAW output
- Compatible with more than 50 native E-mount lenses
Full-frame Cinematic Image Quality
The new camera features a 10.2 MP full-frame back-illuminated Exmor R™ CMOS sensor that delivers a 15+ stop wide dynamic range with high sensitivity and low noise. FX6’s base sensitivity is ISO 800 with an enhanced sensitivity setting of ISO 12,800- expandable up to 409,600[iv] - for shooting in low and very low light conditions. It is capable of recording in XAVC All Intra 4:2:2 10-bit depth with stunning image quality in DCI 4K (4096 x 2160 – up to 60p), QFHD 4K (3840 x 2160 – up to 120p[v]) and FHD (1920x1080 – up to 240p) for incredibly detailed slow motion. When more convenient file sizes are needed, FX6 can record in XAVC Long GOP 4:2:0 8-bit QFHD 4K (3840 x 2160 – up to 120pvii) and 4:2:2 10-bit FHD (1920x1080 – up to 240p). FX6 also includes a BIONZ XR™ image processing engine, first used in the new Sony Alpha 7S III camera, providing up to four times faster processing performance compared to the FS5 II.
Developed with the same expertise as Sony’s world-leading VENICE cinema camera, FX6 offers advanced cinematic color science including S-CinetoneTM for richer tonal reproduction right out of the box as well as S-Log3, S-Gamut3 and S-Gamut3.Cine for post-production flexibility. FX6’s cinematic color science is optimized for premium applications by capturing the maximum dynamic range from the sensor and providing creative freedom. Leveraging the color science of VENICE, FX6 also allows productions to easily match footage with other cameras in the Cinema Line.
Advanced Video Features
Pulling from Sony Alpha’s impressive AF features, FX6 offers Fast Hybrid AF by combining 627-point[vi] focal plane phase-detection AF with advanced Face Detection and Real-time Eye AF in high frame rates with continuous AF, allowing camera operators to effortlessly and precisely track fast-moving subjects in slow motion without losing focus. Fast Hybrid AF works with over 50 native E-mount lenses. The camera can also capture up to five times slow-motion with 4K (QFHD) 120fps.
The new FX6 also offers internal electronic variable ND filters for easy and seamless control of the camera’s filter density. Users can set variable ND to auto or adjust the filter density manually in smooth increments from 1/4 to 1/128 for perfectly exposed images without affecting the depth of field or shutter angle, even during changing lighting conditions. Combined with the camera’s ultra-high sensitivity, the electronic variable ND filter provides users with outstanding creative control in almost any shooting environment.
Made for Content Creators on the Go
Outstanding Mobility and Operability
Built with a durable magnesium alloy chassis, measuring just 4.6 inches x 6 inches x 4.5 inches (116 millimeters x 153 millimeters x 114 millimeters) and weighing just 1.96 pounds (0.89 kilograms), FX6 has a compact and lightweight design making it easy for users to grab and shoot at any time. The new camera includes a heat dissipating structure to keep the camera’s components within their normal operating ranges to prevent overheating, even during extended recording times. FX6 also features a modular design allowing users to easily pair accessories, such as grips and viewfinders, or attach the camera to other mechanisms, such as gimbals and drones.
FX6’s 3.5-inch LCD Viewfinder can be attached on multiple locations of the camera body for added freedom and easy menu control with touch operation. Using a quick access control menu for commonly accessed features, camera operators can change key settings with a single touch - including Codec, Imager Scan Mode, Picture Size and Frequency, Base ISO and Sensitivity, Shooting Mode and Audio Levels.
In line with professional workflows, FX6 includes a 12G-SDI output that also supports 16-bit RAW, HDMI output, timecode in/out, built-in Wi-Fi and four channel audio recording (via XLR Interface, Multi-Interface Shoe and built-in Stereo Mic). The new camera also features two media slots compatible with CFexpress Type A cards for higher overall capacity and faster read and write speeds in addition to SDXC UHS-II/UHS-I cards.
Additionally, Sony’s Catalyst Browse/Prepare[ii] software facilitates fast and easy editing. Users can import FX6’s image stabilization metadata into Catalyst Browse/Prepare to transform handheld footage into incredibly smooth and stable visuals. FX6 also has a dedicated Clip Flag button to easily filter and locate preferred takes using Catalyst Browse/Prepare. This software also reflects metadata indicating when FX6 is rotated or in its normal position, eliminating the need to rotate footage beforehand. FX6 is also compatible with Sony’s Content Browser Mobile App to easily monitor and control focus, iris, and zoom remotely
FX6 other details
The FX6 Full-Frame Camera from Sony was developed to offer versatile, cine-style imaging in a truly compact form. With the ability to capture up to 15+ stops of dynamic range, Sony's S-Cinetone gamma for filmlike skin tones, and up to 10-bit, 4:2:2 XAVC-I recording, the FX6 is poised to both supplement your FX9 or VENICE capture and to nimbly take on documentary, gimbal, and drone shoots on its own. The FX6 camera combines a 4K full-frame Exmor R sensor with a BIONX XR engine for extremely sensitive capture in a range of settings using a base ISO of 800 as well as an ISO 12800 high-sensitivity mode for nuanced low-light scenes.
Weighing just under 2 lb, the FX6 body is a full 2 lb lighter than the FX9 and measuring 6 x 4.6", it packs a full-frame sensor into a body comparable to the S35-sensor Sony FS5. While the FX6 fits seamlessly into a pro-cine on-set workflow, it also offers several features that are a boon for a single-operator user. These include fast and accurate phase-detection autofocus with both Face Detection and real-time Eye autofocus, both auto and manual ND filter settings for quick exposure compensation, and a 3.5" LCD monitor that boasts timesaving touchscreen access to key menu settings and versatile positioning for comfortable operating.
Fx6 Main Features
- 4K 10.2 megapixel full-frame back-illuminated CMOS Exmor R™ sensor , 15+ stop dynamic range, ISO expandable to 409,600 for low light conditions
- 627 points phase-detection AF, Real-time Eye AF
- 4K (QFHD) high-frame-rate 120fps recording
- XAVC-I 4:2:2 10-bit class 300 internal recording, DCI 4K/QFHD 16bit RAW output with 12G-SDI
- BIONZ XR™ image processing engine optimised for mobile movie shooting style
- S-Log3/S-Gamut3, S-Gamut3.Cine for post production flexibility
- Built-in electronic Variable ND Filter controlled from 1/4ND to 1/128ND linearly, or set to auto
- Magnesium body and frame for high durability with light weight
- The Sony Cinematic Look: Full-frame 4K recording at up to 120p with S-CINETONE picture profile
- Outstanding 4K Expression: 4K 120p, 10-bit 4:2:2 recording, up to 15+ stops dynamic range, Variable ND filter, LUTs input
- Fast, Precise and Customisable Autofocus System: Fast Hybrid AutoFocus , Real-time Eye AF, Touch tracking Autofocus, Customisable Autofocus sensitivy
- Designed for Professional Workflow: 890g compact and light weight modular body gives you outstanding mobility, reliability and expandability
- High Connectivity: 16bit RAW output, 12G SDI, HDMI, USB-C, WiFi, LANC, 2x XLR, Mi-Shoe, E mount
FX6 & FX9 Similarities
- It matches the FX9's video capture up to DCI 4K60
- Has the same S-Cinetone, S-Log3, and HLG gamma choices
- Outputs 16-bit raw like the FX9
- Sony E lens mount
- Offers the same 1/4 to 1/128 ND options
- Also provides 2-channel XLR audio inputs
FX6 & FX9 Difference
- 4K capture vs 6K
- Has a single 12G/6G/3G-SDI BNC port, trimming the FX9's additional 3G-SDI port
- Incorporates a timecode port but lacks the FX9's genlock connector
Existing products in the Sony range forming part of the Cinema Line include VENICE andFX9. VENICE has become a first choice for digital movie production, and the FX9 has an outstanding track record in documentary production. The next step is a new model that will appeal to a wide spectrum of visual creators. Sony will be releasing and shipping this next addition to the range, the FX6 camera by the end of 2020. Sony FX6 is released in 17th November 2020 .
Sony Cinema Line
Sony's wide range of camera line from high-end cinema cameras to affordable professional cameras, including VENICE, FX9, FX6, etc. Cinema Line will deliver not only the coveted cinematographic look cultivated through extensive experience in digital cinema production, but also the enhanced operability and reliability that meet discerning creators’ various needs. The new series will extend beyond basic cinema camera and professional camcorder form factors