Mo-Sys VP Pro
Mo-Sys VP Pro is the complete solution for creating virtual production content for live broadcast, film, game cinematics and architectural visualization. With a full range of creative tools directly in the engine, enhance your productions using augmented graphics and virtual sets with real-time camera tracking.
What is Mo-Sys VP Pro?
Currently utilised by a growing pool of filmmakers, high-end broadcasters and developers, Mo-Sys VP Pro streams live tracking data from all Mo-Sys robotic and tracking hardware such as StarTracker and RoboJib. Mo-Sys VP Pro features a creative AR mode, an internal keyer and data recording with timecode stamp for FBX export, as well as many more virtual production features that empower your creative processes in the Unreal Engine.
High-quality camera tracking
Developed from our patented broadcast camera tracking system, StarTracker comes the film-orientated StartTracker VP. This optical tracking system looks at “stars”; which are small, identical retro-reflective stickers which are randomly applied to the studio ceiling or on the floor. A small LED sensor, mounted on the studio camera, shines light on the stars and remembers the constellation. This then reports the position and orientation of the studio camera in real time to the rendering engine.
Unrestricted Unreal Plugin
StarTracker VP comes with a plugin for Unreal and as such is not limiting you in your workflow. It allows you to tap into the raw power of Unreal, giving full flexibility and creative freedom. StarTracker VP was specifically tailored for virtual productions and VFX heavy filming – with many features that simplify VFX shots.
Whilst allowing on-set visualization in real-time, as well as scene blocking in virtual worlds, StarTracker neatly provides timecode synchronization and an FBX export allowing you to efficiently drop the recorded data and footage into Maya and other post-production software.
- Mo-Sys tracking data over LiveLink - Supports StarTracker, StarTracker MoCap, StarTrackerVR headsets, StarTracker ViewFinder, Handwheels, and extends to all future robotics and tracking hardware.
- Raw Mo-Sys tracking data - Blueprint nodes for use within a 'built game'
- Data transmitter - Send data out of Unreal Engine to control Mo-sys robotics
- Mo-Cap drift correction - Positional correction for use with StarTracker MoCap hardware
- nDisplay for LED Wall -Receive data via VRPN for off-axis projection
- Live video I/O - Automatic configuration of compositing pipeline
- Drag-and-drop virtual camera - Pre-fabricated components for a variety of compositing modes
- Data recording with timecode - Synchronous multi-source tracking and lens data recording
- Video management tool - Simple interface to configure and monitor video I/O
- VP system status - See at a glance the state of the virtual production system
- VP layouts - Custom layouts for different stages of virtual production
- FBX data export - Virtual camera export to traditional pipelines
- Internal keyer - Color difference keyer for pre-visualisation
- External hardware keyer integration - Switch presets on Blackmagic Ultimatte from Unreal blueprints
- Switcher integration - Cut cameras on Blackmagic ATEM from Unreal blueprints
- External SDI recorder integration - Fire record on Blackmagic Hyperdeck recorders automatically with timecode and metadata
- Lens distortion - Entirely automated distortion for calibrated fixed and zoom lenses
- Depth of field - Automatic focal distance from StarTracker for depth of field handling
- StarTracker configuration - Detect and configure StarTrackers from inside Unreal editor